24/06/2013

Le temps des cerises ....cherry time

Being on a day trip to London today, I thought I would write this post in english for my English speaking friends as I have promised I would write in English from time to time, so here we go...
One hour before boarding, that leaves enough time to post a recipe which I have made last Saturday, after buying 2 kilos of cherries...yes it is summer, despite the awkward weather we have this year, luckily food stands translate that summer is here as the sun is being really shy this year

This recipe is one of my favourite dessert, I used to eat loads of this when I was a child, my grand father had a cherry tree in the garden and my mum, addicted to cherries used to make this dessert a lot.
In French we call it "Clafoutis aux cerises" - no idea how to translate that in English...the pastry is similar to pudding but maybe a bit thicker. This a super simple recipe anyone can do, if you have 20 minutes of spare time ahead of you and half a kilo of cherries.

clafoutis aux cerises

And here comes the recipe...
Ingredients
500 grammes of cherries
125 g of flour
1,5 dl of creme fraiche - liquid
1,5 dl of milk
120 grammes of sugar
1 bag of vanilla sugar (about 20 grammes)
4 eggs

Pre-warm the oven to 200° C
Whip the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla sugar until the eggs become foamy and light yellow. Add the cream, the milk and at the end the flour. 
Take a dish - type lasagna dish - and spread butter. Place the cherries - I prefer to keep the stones in the fruit, always heard that it is better to keep the fruit juicy as it tends to try when the stone is removed. Pour the mixture on top of the cherries and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Enjoy, slightly warm...

Bon appétit!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire